May Reading Wrap Up!

By Saturday, June 05, 2021 , , , , , , , , ,


Hello!
Last month I successfully read only this 6 books but didn't manage to read any e-book sadly.
These book was amazing read even though I don't get any 5 stars book this month but this was a blast. I enjoy them a lot. So let's go to the rating!

1. From Blood And Ash (Blood And Ash #1) by  

    This has been everywhere. On booktook and bookstagram. They rant this series a lot, so I might get a copy of them and it's very expensive because you can only bought them on amazon :" and the shipping it's very expensive to my country but I manage to get a copy of them. 
Here what I think, this series is full of my favourites things like, vampire, werewolves, witches not exactly but similar and that's enough to get me hooked. Don't ask me about the spicy stuff because this book definitely have lots of them and all of them is delicious. This book is enjoyable.

Rating : ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Goodreads rating : 4,31
Where to buy : Amazon

2. Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo

    I read this book honestly because there's a TV adaptation for it. Usually I didn't go for a book which already had a TV adaptation but well let's try this one. This book about a heist, revenge, and found family, there's a romance in it but kind of slow burn romance and it is really not that explicit. You just need to figure out by yourself. Don't get me wrong, I like this book even I gave them high rating but I think it's not for me. Same with Six Of Crows and I only like few characters and it is not Kanej (sorry..)
If you like heist and good thieves being bad just because they need to survive and cold to anyone but only like one girl main character, this is the book for you.

Rating : ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Goodreads rating : 4,59
Where to buy : Periplus

3. A Kingdom Of Flesh And Fire (Blood And Ash #2) by  
 
    This book is the sequel of From Blood And Ash. And as you can guess that this book is pretty much the same plot with developed problem, relationship and a self discovery of Poppy (Main female character) and her relationship with Hawke (Her royal guards from book 1) and with Kieran (Hawke's partner). I can't say much without giving you any spoiler. And Yes there's a lot of 🌶 ðŸŒ¶ðŸŒ¶ in this book too. But personally I like the second book better. 

Rating : ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Goodreads rating : 4,53
Where to buy : Amazon 

4. Venus In The Blind Spot (Indonesian version) by Ito Junji

    I really like Junji Ito Sensei works. His art is creepy in an amazing way. This manga is his story collection like he usually did. Once I read his work in some free website and I like it so much and then watch a documentary about him and watch how detailed he draw his character on his manga makes me want to appreciate his work more so I decided to collect his manga start by this one. The spotlight story "Venus In The Blind Spot" tell us how a parent so obsessive with his daughter so he makes a hollow outside so no one can see her except his father. And that will lead his daughter to her end. 

Rating : ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Goodreads rating : 4,12
Where to buy : Gramedia

5. The Midnight Library by Matt Haig

    After some high fantasy I usually take a rest and read contemporary instead. This one is my next pick. It is goodreads winner in Fiction category so why wouldn't I buy a copy and read them and see what's this about? So yes I read them fast only 2 days I guess and I enjoy it a lot but please look for Trigger Warning on this one because it's about a girl who feel like a failure on her life and decided to end her life and then given a second chance disguise as a library. She could take a book to see if she make a different choice at her life would she feel better or not. 
Even though someone say this book kind of repetitive but I see it as a process that the girl has to endure to get her final decision. 

Rating : ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Goodreads rating : 4,15
Where to buy : Book Depository

6. They Both Die At The End

    I took me a month to read them after I bought them. It confused me at first because the Death-Cast and the life system. It took a while to finally enjoy it. So, when it is the day you die, someone from Death-Cast will call you in midnight to inform you that you will die today. And there's a lot of advantage being A decker like you will have a free pass on any kind of entertaining. well it's only fo today so It's kind of sad. I want to see something hopeful in this but the tittle already spoiled itself. So you just need to prepare yourself. I didn't cry like most when the book ends but I like how 
 

You Might Also Like

0 Thoughts